Restricted Stock Units
|6 Months Ended|
Jun. 30, 2020
|Disclosure Of Compensation Related Costs Sharebased Payments [Abstract]|
|Restricted Stock Units||
14. RESTRICTED STOCK UNITS (RSUs)
On March 24, 2020, the Board’s Compensation Committee approved the grant of 113,506 RSUs to a new manager of the Company. These RSUs have no performance conditions and vest as follows: (i) 25% of the shares vest on February 1, 2021 and (ii) the remaining 75% vests in equal quarterly installments over aperiod starting from February 1, 2021.
In May 2020, the Board approved the grant of 447,714 RSUs to three new managers and two new advisory board members of Kaleyra. These RSUs have no performance conditions and vest as follows:
• 435,714 RSUs under this vesting timeline: (i) 25% of the shares vest on May 1, 2021 and (ii) the remaining 75% vests in equal quarterly installments over a period starting from August 1, 2021;
•8,000 RSUs vest on August 1, 2020 and 4,000 RSUs on November 1, 2020.
The following table sets forth the activity related to the number of outstanding RSUs for the six months ended June 30, 2020:
RSUs compensation expense for the three and six months ended June 30, 2020 was $4.6 million and $10.8 million, respectively, which was recorded as follows (in thousands):
As of June 30, 2020, there was $18.1 million of unrecognized compensation cost related to non-vested RSUs to be recognized over a weighted-average remaining period of 1.4 years.
The entire disclosure for share-based payment arrangement.
Reference 1: http://fasb.org/us-gaap/role/ref/legacyRef